Four-string Round Braided Leather Tutorial - Braided Leather Tutorial #7
Round braiding is the basic skill for braid rope. While braiding, we shall not mix the leather face and leather lining. Because when you turn the leather string backside to braid, the leather string may warp. It needs special attention.
Pay attention that don’t let the braided rope has big gap, and the leather string should always towards outside.
The key ring on the picture, if we make it longer, then we treat as braided rope for leather wallet. Make the leather string go through the hook, and ensure them in the same length, then we have four leather string. Now we use the leather string in the width of 5mm and thickness of 1.5mm. Pay attention that we use two kinds of leather string, when finish, we need to tie a knot to fix.
- Make the leather string go through the hook, and ensure them in the same length, then cross the two leather string and hold them on hand.
- Make the red leather string go backside from the yellow string and then come outside.
- Make the right-hand yellow leather string go backside from the red string and then put before the red leather string. Pay attention to let the leather strings towards front.
- Make the left-hand yellow string go through backside, and come to front from middle gap, and then move to the left.
- Make the right-hand red leather string go through backside, and come to front from middle gap, and then move to the right.
- Repeat the step 4 and step 5.
- On the ending part, let the red leather string and yellow leather string cross and spread, and hold them on hand.
- Like the pound shape, and make the leather string wind to the aside leather string.
- Braid the leather string like the way supporting each other.
- Every leather string would like the aside leather string, like the way on the photo.
- Use average strength to pull the four string, pay attention that don’t shift the center of gravity.
- Make the leather string tip to go through the aside leather string gap.
- Continue to make the leather string come out from the middle.
- Fasten the leather string.
- Make the rest leather string go through the aside leather.
- Adjust the shape and fasten the leather string, while all the leather string go through.
Tips: Fix the hook first to make the braided process more convenient.
Summary: Braided Leather Technique Tutorial.